Committed to the principles of Environmental Justice and workforce diversity, EIP works at the crossroads of resource efficiency programs, clean and renewable energy, and sustainability. We design and implement energy and water efficiency, renewable energy, and environmental justice programs for utilities and government.
Energy Infrastructure Partners is searching for an outreach associate to join our program implementation team. In this role, you will recruit, train, and provide ongoing support to distributors, and other suppliers of energy efficient lighting products participating in the Energy Trust of Oregon’s Business Lighting program. The Business Lighting Program buys down the cost of energy efficient lighting products as an incentive for businesses to upgrade and reduce their energy consumption. To be clear, EIP does not sell lighting products; we implement energy efficiency and decarbonization programs for utility and government sponsors.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a manufacturer or distributor sales representative or buyer, including an understanding of how to navigate the supply chain. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are a must. If you’re looking for an outreach role where you can grow and thrive, we look forward to hearing from you!
Objectives of this Role
· Develop professional working relationships with a sufficient number of product distributors to meet program goals.
· Provide training and ongoing support to facilitate manufacturer and distributor participation and a positive end-use customer experience.
· Coordinate payment of incentive claims by manufacturers and distributors by assisting them in collecting and submitting the necessary product data and forms.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
· Conduct outreach to manufacturers and distributors to identify key decision makers and recruit their participation in the program.
· Collaborate with program team members to co-create a presentation that outlines the benefits of participation and program processes, terms, and conditions.
· Deliver in-person and virtual training to manufacturer and distributor staff on eligible products, the incentive offer, and how to submit sales data for reimbursement of incentive claims.
· Conduct virtual and in-person meetings with each participating manufacturer and distributor quarterly.
· Participate in manufacturer, distributor, and Energy Trust of Oregon led events to promote the Business Lighting Program.
· Travel throughout Oregon, southern Washington, and southwestern Idaho to meet with lighting distributors.
· Conduct monthly phone, virtual, and in-person inspections to verify installation of products for which incentives are paid.
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Impeccable interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Experience and comfort with delivering presentations one-on-one and in group settings.
· Attention to detail in completing administrative processes (i.e., paperwork).
· Strong sense of ethics and business acumen.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work independently, while contributing to team-wide efforts.
· 3+ years of outreach experience, ideally as a manufacturer, distributor, or energy efficiency program representative.
· Familiarity with electrical and/or lighting product supply chains, including relationships with Oregon suppliers.