WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Sr. Environmental Engineer – Longview, WA
The Sr. Environmental Engineer is responsible for assisting WestRock personnel understand and adhere to environmental requirements by preventing pollution from a large, fully integrated Kraft pulp mill.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Help the mill align with corporate priorities and initiatives.
· Manage Title V and other air permit requirements for the facility.
· Develop monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual Title V air reports.
· Review Continuous Emissions Monitor Systems (CEMS) data daily and assist addressing issues and maintaining CEMS reports.
· Troubleshoot the mill Data Acquisition and Handling System (DAHS) to find the cause and how to correct errors.
· Manage stack testing program.
· Manage leak detection and repair program.
· Coordinate and communicate with operating departments about concerns and needed support.
· Assist with mill’s environmental training program and provide training for salaried and hourly teams.
· Work with mill and corporate team to evaluate capital projects.
· Perform and document various mill environmental compliance inspections.
· Interface with regulatory agencies during inspections and other routine requests.
· Prepare a variety of regulatory reports which include data collection, calculations, accurate recordkeeping, and an adherence to regulatory deadlines.
· Establish, write, and communicate programs, policies, and training packages to comply with regulatory programs.
Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
· B.S. Degree in Chemical, Environmental or other Engineering or science degree is preferred.
· Five years or more of industrial experience is preferred. Other levels of experience will be also considered.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
· Results oriented individual capable of handling projects individually, yet able to work efficiently in a highly team oriented environment.
Additional skills needed: self-directed, flexible, self-learner, multitasking, results driven, safety focused.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.